wtorek, 24 marca 2020

Heroes of Rura-Tonga (3)

In the last post about Heroes of Rura-Tonga, I give You a glimpse into something new. Today is the day, that I will raise the curtain for this little side project. Last time I show You my model for the Armored Angels scenario.  This was the perfect connection between my old passion and new (realistically not so new - almost 25 years(!)). I've decided to do this once more. In the sourcebook captain, Collin Sharp is the owner of Grumman G-21 which he christened the Flying Fish. This is a great and beautiful plane. But the plastic model kit for this plane (or for the PBY Catalina also) is out of my reach at the moment. So I need to improvise. I found an old model for Polish bomber PZL 37 Moose. It was so cheap that I have to take such an opportunity.



Of course, it wasn't a plane design for landing on water. There was a project for that, but the start of WWII end this endeavor.  So I've created something new. Only for this campaign. Using an old model kit, two toothbrushes and a lot of imagination and glue. Then I primed it...




...and give it to my wife for painting. I show her a couple of DC3 pictures from that time period. She starts her own little experiments. One of them:


Another:





But after much consideration, she decided to make it all in one color. I've created transfers and here is our final version. We called it Flying Moose! 






It is so big that it was hard to put this plane into our lightbox. But if You look closely we even got a little moose on the sides of the hull.
PZL 37 had 3 machineguns so there will be an opportunity for PC and NPCs to shoot some Zero! This will be a nice memoir for our adventures in and around Rura-Tonga. This is all I can show You for now. But new ideas are in motion...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz