środa, 12 stycznia 2022

RPG Update (35)

First post in New Year. Wow! When almost two weeks went? I do not know, but I know that the first seven days of the New Year I spend playing in Alone Against The Tide solo adventure for Call of Cthulhu. Since my very long and enjoyable playing in Alone Against The Dark in Polish version (Samotnie przeciwko ciemności) I was searching for something in that same vein. As I knew that Black Monk was translating the Alone Against the Frost campaign, my choice was Alone Against the Tide which I've received as a gift from one of my dearest friends. With my dice and pencil, I've dived into this new adventure.

From now one there will be some mild spoilers. If You want to play in it, stop reading here. I don't want to spoil the fun for You...


The first attempt was very short. Only three sessions about half an hour each, and the Character I've created died locked up in a jail cell when the flood come in. It was a surprise for me, that my bad decisions and bad dice rolls, such earl in the game end it in a very disturbing matter.


The second attempt was longer - for sessions each, but for about 45 minutes. This time I've used an original character from the book, but my story went in a different direction. Some steps were the same, some different since the beginning. But I must say it was a fun experience. In one of the starting events, there was an auction with clever mechanics of bidding. I must steal it for other Cthulhu adventures in the future. Also, the dreamy atmosphere of the game was somewhat different from the standard Call of Cthulhu Adventure. All and all it was a very nice experience. Polish publisher will be putting this on the market sometime this or maybe next year, I will definitely buy this book and play it once again. For all those who want to scratch a CoC itch and do not have players at the moment, You should try it out. 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz