niedziela, 12 lipca 2020

RPG Update (6)

After almost three months of nonstop playing we got ourselves a week off. After that, I run the last part of "The Last Equation" for one of my groups and for another solo player recreated "Bestow" by Ross Payton of RPPR fame. It was a cool farewell for the Delta Green universe for some time. To keep with my schedule of playing in one game for three months in a year. Why You ask? The answer is simple - not to become bored with one world we play at. With some exceptions of course (Masks of Nyarlathotep!). So we decided we should play some classic Cthulhu. We didn't play in the Classic Period in a long, long time. So...



For one player I've run "The Silent Clowder" by John Hook. This scenario was a part of the Age of Cthulhu IX Kickstarter, but I never use it anywhere. But after this episode... What can I say? It was a glorious comeback to Arkham. We used first time maps of this haunted city from 7th edition Kickstarter. We had a great time. Looking forward to running another of these scenarios, I've got three more and then maybe Monophobia?



For two players who are more military-oriented, I dig up an Achtung! Cthulhu scenario Three Kings - so we are starting next week with this adventure. Hope to have some WWII action finally! One other scenario in that period I've ever run was The Colony for Delta Green. So I'm very excited about this game.



What about Heroes of Rura-Tonga? I've got to postponed it to next year probably. I will create other handouts for this campaign, but for now, I've got to concentrate on another endeavor. After some talks with one of my first players and my wife, we decided to recreate a campaign we played some twenty-one or two years ago! We never close this campaign, but after so much time we are ready to start it anew. So my experience from creating so much fun handouts for Heroes will be put in good use starting prepping for Horror on the Orient Express. I will use one and only Polish translation of this campaign from more than 20 years ago. Real Life commitments create opportunities to play in it only once a month. So the bigger and surely better last edition is not for us, with all these addon scenarios. But we are playing in a classical period wardrobe. With that in mind, we decided to create another blog dedicated to this topic. It will be in English and Polish language. Hope we can drive from London to Istambul with our friends. We will see!

2 komentarze:

  1. Three Kings needs a little work especially if you are using the supplied pre-gens but it is a blast.

    OdpowiedzUsuń