wtorek, 12 maja 2020

Heroes of Rura-Tonga (6)

Last week we were changing flats. So there was pure chaos for more than a week. To this day I cannot find some stuff. But the Rura-Tonga box is safe and sound. With not much time on my hand, I decided to create something little but fun and useful. Let me say some backstory for this particular piece of handouts.
During our very first Pulp Egypt game sole PC in the mids of battle with two alive statues, reminded himself that he knows two spells. One simple Voor Sign, but the other named Create the Barrier of Naach-Tith was a powerful defensive spell, that saved him and others around him, many times. This was one of the things that Mike learned while fighting with minions of Nyarlathotep. I've run Masks with Pulp Cthulhu mechanics so I decided that PC can and will probably learn some spells. So in that first tomb, we stop the action and started looking for these two spells in The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic and in Call of Cthulhu Rulebook and in my old edition of Masks of Nyarlathotep. So this time I said nevermore! I took the spells from the book and printed them o one side and on the other, I created a quasi-old page that can contain the text of the spell. So it will be in possession of my wife's character. Every time she will use one of them, she just takes it and read it. Consequently, with other spells I will do the same. A simple method for not leaf through rulebooks during a game. How do You like it?


Frontpage with quasi original pictograms.


Second page with the real mechanics of things.

1 komentarz:

  1. Very cool idea any method that cuts down the awkward breaks whilst people check rule/splat books is always a welcome one.

    OdpowiedzUsuń